The preferred method of disposal of controlled substances is complete use of the substance such that there is none left to dispose of. However, when a registrant/licensee or the authorized agent of a registrant/licensee has controlled substances that are expired or unwanted EHS should be contacted.

Disposal through EHS

If there is excess material at the completion of research, the registrant/licensee or an authorized agent must contact Environmental Health and Safety (355-0153) to arrange for disposal via a DEA approved method.

All controlled substances must be kept secure until an appropriate disposal method can be arranged.